Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
How to Stay Safe and Support Downtown Evansville Businesses
The safety of our residents, consumers, workers and visitors is the main priority of the DOWNTOWN EVANSVILLE - Economic Improvement District (EID). We are monitoring all recommendations and updates from health and government officials surrounding COVID-19.
- EID installs temporary hand washing stations throughout Downtown Evansville - March 16, 2020
- EID begins new sanitation regimen - March 23, 2020
- EID launches virtual tip jar - April 10, 2020
- DEDC and EID incentivizing online sales for small businesses by giving away hand sanitizer - April 16, 2020
- Heart lighting installation returns to honor the class of 2020 - May 19, 2020
- Spring Small Business Saturday scheduled for Saturday, May 30 - May 21, 2020
Here are some suggestions for what you can do to support our downtown businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. Order carry out/delivery from downtown restaurants and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
As of May 11, some downtown restaurants have reopened for dine-in service with 50% capacity. Dine-in service will be limited to 50% capacity for Indiana restaurants until June 14.
2. Shop online or by phone. Downtown shops have online shopping available and can assist via phone or online communication.
Downtown Evansville small businesses are offering hand sanitizer with any purchase over $25. The travel-size hand sanitizers, made by a Boonville Indiana based small business, will be distributed as supplies last. This initiative is being funded in part by Rapid Response Funds from the Vanderburgh Community Foundation.
3. Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
4. If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later.
5. If you can’t leave the house, order delivery from local downtown restaurants.
View our Downtown Business Directory
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
Note: These recommendations originated from Downtown Raleigh Alliance and are being shared through the International Downtown Association.
We're celebrating our small businesses in Downtown Evansville on Saturday, May 30 with a special Spring Small Business Saturday initative. Learn about business specials and more at DowntownEvansville.com/supportlocal.
Open Businesses (updated June 1):
Please visit the link for each business for operating hours, specials and specific safety information.
- Arazu on Main
- Ascension St. Vincent YMCA
- Bits N Bytes
- BRU Burger Bar
- CentricityHOME (Working from home, call Deborah Witte at (812) 572-9697)
- Children's Museum of Evansville (Museum is closed to the public, but visit their website for an up-to-date list of offertings)
- ColorMax Digital
- COMFORT by the Cross-Eyed Cricket
- DoubleTree by Hilton Evansville
- Elements Design Studio
- Emge's Deli and Ice Cream
- Enjolé Interiors
- Entwined Wine & Cocktail Bar
- Evansville Eyecare Associates (All Dr. visits and adjustments are by appointment only. Call ahead for curbside pickup. Call from your car & wait for instructions. Please wear a face mask. Only 1 patient can come in.)
- Gangnam Korean Barbecue
- Grateful Threads
- Honey Moon Coffee Bar on Main
- Jimmy John's
- Just Rennie's
- Kevin's Backstage Bar & Grill
- Lic's Deli & Ice Cream (Visit licsdeliandicecream.com for operating hours)
- Major Munch
- Milano's Italian Cuisine
- Myriad Brewing Company
- Old National Events Plaza
- Outside the Gift Box
- Parlor Doughnuts
- Piece of Cake (Open Fridays and Saturdays effective May 1 for cake and cupcake pickups. Pickups are Fridays and Saturdays from 10 - 11AM.)
- Posh on Main (Staff will be wearing masks & will provide you with a paper mask if you come in without one. Hand sanitizer will be available for customers & staff. First hour of the day 10 - 11 AM will be for seniors only. Curbside pick up and shipping will continue should you choose that avenue. Call (812) 431-2908.)
- Post House (Email [email protected] for a personal video tour)
- Repro Graphix, Inc.
- River City Coffee + Goods
- River Kitty Cat Cafe
- Roger’s Academy of Hair Design
- Shing-Lee Chinese Restaurant
- Stephan G. Sanders Fine Men's Clothiers (Visit by appointment, please.)
- Stone City Grill
- The Daily Grind
- The Rooftop
- The Rumjahn Gallery and Framery
- Tres Reynas Latin Restaurant
- Turley Mfg. Jewelers
- Wheat & Co. (gift cards available for purchase and online tutorials)
- Y Factor Studio
- Zuki Downtown
View our Business Directory for location phone numbers and website/social media information.
Temporary Closures (Updated June 1):
- Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana *Reopening June 16
- Bliss on 6th
- Children's Museum of Evansville
- Civic Center (Use online city government services)
- Decades of Design (Schedule an appointment to shop via Facebook Messenger.)
- Evansville Museum of Arts, History & Science
- Evansville Visitors Center
- EVPL Central
- Ford Center
- High Score Saloon
- Mickey's Kingdom Playground and restrooms
- Peephole Bar & Grill
- Reitz Home Museum
- Someplace Else NightClub
- Stone Family Center for Health Sciences
- Tropicana Evansville Casino operations and all food locations
- Victory Theatre
Downtown Evansville Virtual Tip Jar:
- Support your favorite service industry employees in Downtown Evansville during the COVID-19 pandemic by tipping them in the Downtown Evansville Virtual Tip Jar. Learn more at DowntownEvansville.com/tipjar.
Heart of Downtown Evansville:
- We're featuring uplifting stories from downtown residents and businesses during the COVID-19 health pandemic in a series known as the Heart of Downtown Evansville. Learn more at DowntownEvansville.com/HeartofDowntownEvansville.
State of Indiana Resources:
- State of Indiana - IN.gov/coronavirus/
City of Evansville Resources:
- Indiana Small Business Development Center Resources
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans are now available for Indiana Businesses
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- March, April and May events have been either postponed or canceled at this time. Please refer to the website of the hosting site/organization for the status of postponed/canceled downtown events.